Monday 26 September 2011

Organising our Monkeys - The launch station


Our entry area used to be a bit of a dumping ground for shoes, bags, hats and other assorted things that accumulate when you have children, not to mention the lost shoe that had been there only 2mins before hand then mysteriously disappeared and couldn't be found and you have to leave right now, our house is small and cluttered enough so I tried to find the solution.


Firstly we started with a small wooden toy box which kept the shoes inside but that meant bags and lunch bags roamed freely and often found at the end of the weekend with mysterious things formerly known as lunch scraps a nightmare for any parent.

Now I haven't gotten around to painting the shoe boxes yet it's onmy to do list but sick kids and non sleeping baby comes first but I just had to show you my solution to the dumping ground in the entry.

King of the Monkeys kindly built this for me after I kept showing him pictures of similar things and after some discussions this is what we came up with.

Each child has a a shoe box, a hook for their school bag, hat and rain coat and the shelf above is where we keep the lunch boxes, school work, water bottles and sunscreen to make sure it gets put on before school. The white basket is for socks so the sock monster doesn't steal them and we get pairs washed together ;)

I have a hook on the end for my frequently used bags too.


Hope this gives you some ideas for organsing your own monkeys or even an entry area I've seen them used for organising and separating sports equipment, beach things, work things the sky is the limit.

Happy organising!


Queen of the Monkeys xx

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly the sort of bag area I've been trying to describe to DH. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete